DEFEND AGAINST INSECTS WITH CONFIDENCE
Some have claws while others have stingers. Regardless of what they are or how they bite you, getting your home infested with insects that eat your food and spread bacteria is never a fun thing to find.
If you are like many others, your home and family may be dealing with annoying and resilient pests like earwigs, beetles, centipedes & millipedes, along with so much more!
Get industry experts to visit your home and provide you professionally customized plans guaranteed to eliminate and prevent insects in your home with you and your families’ safety in mind.
Schedule your FREE consultation by calling Priority Pest today.
danger of insects in your home
Insects in a home are generally not considered dangerous, however they can be quite an annoyance for patient parents or event hosts who get their backyard party ruined from unwanted guests who sting and bite. While most insects will only attack if provoked, leaving humans untouched. some insects can carry a huge health risk for the pets in your home by transferring dangerous diseases and bacteria.
Nobody wants to find an earwig or beetle running out of their pantry when they open it; which is why we take such a huge priority in ensuring we have a detailed list of the pests that could be eating your food/home away, and eliminate these pests all the way to their core. Some species of insects like the silverfish, moth, or cricket have the ability to eat away at the structural support materials of the home and can lead to serious (not to mention expensive) issues down the road.
Not all insects will eat your home away, spread diseases, or even bite people. But insects are keen survivalists and thrive in areas where they can breed, turning your home into a nesting grounds that is sure to scare away local visitors and make cooking in the kitchen nearly impossible!
Want to know what insects could be crawling around in your home? Take a look below and read up on what to expect from three of the most common types of insects that could be living in your home now!
There was an old European myth that ear wigs got their name by crawling into the ears of people while they were sleeping and lay eggs to start a nesting grounds. While there is no scientifical evidence backing this popular legend, earwigs do have a set of pinchers that can pose a powerful threat to your plants and garden life.
This species of insect is considered mostly harmless. However they do have the ability to pinch humans using their claws if picked up and provoked. They do not transfer venom and do not carry diseases, but it is considered by some to be a painful pinching feel.
Earwigs feed on leaves, flowers, fruits, mold and other insects and prefer to live in dark, underground areas like lawns, tree trunks, and in between cracks in the walls of your house.
- Length: 1 inch long
- Color: Dark Brown
- Reproduction: 10-30 eggs every couple months
Due to how fast they can move and their preference for living in dark, secluded areas, centipedes are rarely ever seen by humans in a home. They are very easy to recognize when seen however and carry a long, elongated body with the ability to have from 15 up to 177 pairs of legs!
Some centipedes such as the Scolopendra can bite and break the skin of humans when picked up, causing a very painful stinging sensation accompanied with redness around the area bitten, swelling, and trouble breathing.
Carrying a powerful bite and viscous venom depending on the type, some centipedes are never to be taken lightly and should always be taken care of by a certified professional.
- Length: 1/8 – 6 inches long
- Color: Yellowish to Dark Brown (can carry dark spots or stripes)
- Reproduction: 35 eggs every couple of days
To humans, the Kissing Bug can be a very dangerous and sometimes fatal insect to have near you and your family. These bugs get their name for their unusual, but scary location they bite people, on the face.
While they usually only bite when provoked or are near a human, Kissing bugs can carry a parasite known as Trypanosoma cruzi.
When bitten, a person will usually experience redness, swelling, and extreme pain around the affected area. However this is only the beginning.
The Kissing Bug defecates on people after feeding on their blood, which can transfer a life-threatening disease known as Chagas Disease. While not always fatal, Chagas disease can cause fevers, body aches, a rash, and swollen glands so it is always important to take these as seriously as possible if they are seen near or in your home.
- Length: ¾ – 1 ¼ inches long
- Color: Dark Brown to Black
- reproduction: 600 eggs in 3-12 months
Signs of Insects in your home
- Small Piles of Dirt– As they come in and out of your home, many insects will leave small black dots or piles of dirt by the places they walked or used to enter your house. The crevices by floorboards, doors, windows, and broken foundation are popular paths for insects to use. Try to look out for areas they may be entering through.
- Insect Sounds– Many insects species like the earwig and moth will make sounds that may sounds like squeaking, whining, or scurrying sounds. If you happen to hear these during the night or in specific areas, there may be a good chance they are already building nesting grounds.
- Damaged materials– Insects don’t just make a home inside the walls and floors of your house. Many will eat away at materials for food or shelter use and could lead to be the culprit of a damaged couch or broken cupboard. If you happen to see holes or cracks in places where they weren’t before, it may be a sign its time to call a professional.
- Egg Sacs – Earwigs, crickets, and a plethora of other insects tend to nest in an area and sit there for awhile to protect their young. But if you ever happen to run into a couple eggs during the day, there is a good chance you’ve got an infestation coming soon.
Stop & prevent annoying pests in their tracks
Priority Pest strives to not only eliminate the insects in your home, but prevent them from ever coming back again. Which is why we make your home and families’ safety a top priority by providing ongoing, affordable, and effective pest control support, 24/7.
We recommend our homeowners to have their houses checked on a quarterly basis, with clear and professional help from one of our trusted and certified Priority experts. You have the option of choosing to be either at-home or away while our experienced team members inspect the home and provide you a customized plan designed specifically to make your home cleaner, safer, and protected from spiders for many months to come.
And to make your job even easier, we promise in proving quick, easy, and affordable insect extermination services for your home, with a FREE home consultation. Because that’s what we call the “Oklahoma Standard.”
What You’ll Get:
- Customized Plan For Your Needs
- Clear and Concise Information From Industry Professionals
- Guaranteed Results
- Quarterly Home Inspections & Protection
Which Service Is Right For You?
Schedule Your Free Estimate
Complete this form and we will be in touch! We can't wait to meet you!