There are bug infestations, mole, and gopher infestations, but nothing is worse than a mouse or rat infestation. Although mice and rats are not the same, they both cause immense destruction within your house’s structure and if they’re not taken care of immediately, they have the ability to take your home right from underneath you. There are two obvious solutions to getting rid of this pest: mouse traps and a mice exterminator/rat exterminator. Mouse traps have been the go-to for people who insist on attempting to fix the problem themselves. But mouse traps have many limitations as to how much they help the problem. A mouse exterminator OKC has used and trusts might be better. We’re going to take a closer look at how effective mouse traps are compared to a professional exterminator.
Mouse traps are often depicted in movies or cartoons as being a little wooden block with cheese on it as bait for the rodent. Also in these common depictions, mouse traps are often shown as working 9/10 times, whether it be snapping the intended prey, or someone’s fingers–ouch! Aside from your typical wooden block mouse trap, other common mouse traps are glue traps, electric traps, and spring traps. Glue traps are for the cruel who want their prey to starve to death or have the mice gnaw their own feet off. Electric traps make for a quick and nearly painless death to the mice. It is self-contained and you are even able to dispose of the mouse without having to see it. Spring traps are becoming more high-tech, delivering a quicker and more forceful snap when triggered, making an almost painless death for the prey.
Things People Don’t Realize About Mouse Traps:
- Cheese makes terrible bait
- Like many other things in life, film adaptations have made the public believe that mice love cheese, when in reality, they prefer nuts and seeds. They might nibble on the cheese in the trap, but most likely not enough to activate it. Cheese in mouse traps just looks more appealing on camera than seeds. Something else that people don’t necessarily realize is the disposal part of it. Only a few traps allow you to throw away the mice without seeing them. If you’re grossed out easily or have a weak stomach, mousetraps probably aren’t the right route for you.
- Mouse traps are only effective in getting rid of mice—sometimes
- Like we said earlier, mice and rats are not the same. Rats are a lot more cautious and paranoid than mice. They avoid anything that looks remotely like a trap–that’s why they’re called MOUSE TRAPS… not rat traps. Still yet, mouse traps won’t eliminate the problem completely. They breed really fast, so if you succeed in trapping one, there will be 3-14 mice taking its place.
- Mice easily outsmart mouse traps
- We’re sure you’ve heard how mice are popular test subjects because of how smart they are. So, if you set out mouse traps in hopes of ridding your home or building of mice, set out a lot of mouse traps the first night because after they learn that it’s all a trap, they won’t make the same mistakes as their friends.
Mice extermination is Priority Pest and Mosquito Solution’s middle name. The biggest difference between mouse traps and a professional mouse exterminator OKC rates with 5 stars are that exterminators guarantee success by ridding your home of pests. When working with Priority Pest and Mosquito Solutions, you can feel confident in knowing that your home will be safe and mouse-free. Another plus from choosing an exterminator, is that each plan can be adaptable to your specific situation. When you finally accept defeat and decide to call us to fix your mouse infestation, we go through a series of steps.
Mouse Extermination Process
- Upon receiving your call, our trained professionals will come to your home or business to assess the seriousness of the infestation. We check for nests, all entry points, and even possible causes like food crumbs, etc.
- Action Plan
- Once we have determined the entire situation, we will then discuss different options for the next steps.
- Once we have come up with a solution that both us and our clients agree on, we will then execute our plan safely and efficiently.
- Future Prevention
- This is the best part about choosing a mouse exterminator over mousetraps. All well trained, professional exterminators will then go over different ways to prevent infestations again in the future.
Mice Can’t Hide From Pest Control
If you’re looking for a professional mouse exterminator OKC rates as one of the best, then look no further than Priority Pest and Mosquito Solutions. Here at Priority Pest and Mosquito Solutions, your home is our top priority. We have experience with fleas & ticks, moles & gophers, rats & mice and other household pests you don’t want residing with you. We love being a small, local business because it allows us to pay attention to the details of each job, while also getting to know our customers personally. We strive to exceed all our client’s expectations so that you are confident enough to spread word about our business. If you have any questions, feel free to give us a call, send us an email, or stop by in person! We’d love to hear from you.
1125 SE Grand Blvd. Suite 112
Oklahoma City, OK 73129