Rodent Control Is More Than Mouse Traps
Most of the time, what you can buy at the store just doesn’t cut it. Rats and mice are relentless little creatures that if not taken care of, won’t take long to eat you out of house and home! Professional rodent control is a must.
It’s time for you take the next step and eliminate those unwanted rodents in your home before AND after they show up.
Are Rodents Dangerous For My Home and Family?
While rodents like rats and mice are known for eating through your cables and food, they’ve also have been notorious for possibly carrying over 35 different types of diseases and pathogens harmful to pets and family. And believe us when we say this, when not taken care of professionally on an annual / quarterly basis, your home can become infested with rats & mice quicky.
Yes, rodents can be dangerous to your family. There are many different types of rodents that invade a home throughout the year, however most household owners will generally have to deal with three different types of rodents: the Norway Rat, House Mouse, and Roof Rat.
Curious on what could be lurking in your home? Take a look below and get information on what to expect from the three most common types of rodents that could be living rent-free in your home!
Also known as “Sewer Rats” or “Brown Rats”, these relentless little rodents feed on anything ranging from the lead piping under your house to that bag of Doritos you’ve had sitting on the table since last night.
Norway Rats usually tend to thrive in areas like sewers, foundations, and crawlspaces making it highly-recommended for any homeowner to get professional pest control help through exterminators who make your home a priority. Nobody does that better than Priority Pest & Mosquito Solutions.
- Length: 12-18 inches
- Color: Brown/Brownish-red
- Breeding: Can produce up to 84 pups annually
The House Mouse tends to search for the food in your pantry or leftovers on the table. Thriving in dark areas that are close to a food source, these little pests will eat anybody out of a house or home just by utilizing their rapid reproduction cycles.
Did you know a family of 6 mice can grow up to 50-60 members in only 90 days?
- Length: 6-7 inches
- Color: Black or Dusty Grey
- Breeding: Can produce up to 50-60 pups quarterly (if breeding consistently)
Likely to be nesting in the attic or ceilings of your home, Roof Rats are persistent and annoying little guests willing to go quite a distance from their nesting grounds for food.
Slugs, snails, plants, and even wood are favorites for this pest. When not treated on a quarterly basis, a Roof Rat community will have your attic a place you’ll never want to visit quicker than you can imagine!
- Length: 13-17 inches
- Color: Black or Dark Grey
- Breeding: Can produce up to 35 pups annually
Initial Signs of Rodents In Your Home
- Droppings – Mice will excrete an average of 50-80 small waste droppings every night. Common places to find them is in cupboards, pantries, and near refrigerators.
- Grease marks – Walls, floors and floorboards commonly will have dark grease marks when rats/mice brush against the wall on regular routes. Look for these dark smears around the holes or corners of your home.
- Scratching noises – Mice and rats are commonly most active during the night due to feeding and breeding. Try to listen for noises between partition walls, ceilings, under floorboards, and in basements/lofts.
- Nests – Mice typically build nests in lofts, suspended ceilings, cavity walls, under floorboards and behind fridges with common and easy to find materials in your home. Look out for these secluded and dark areas to get an idea of where they are breeding.
- Tracks/footprints – If the environment is dusty enough, mice and rats usually will leave tiny little footprints/tracks on the floor when walking out and about. To check for activity in your home, sprinkle flour or talcum powder on the ground and see if there are fresh footprints or markings the next day!
- Strong smell – Ever get a strong ammonia-like smell that lingers for some time in your home? A good general rule of thumb is, the stronger the smell, the closer you are to their nesting area.
Rodent Control That Fortifies & Protects
We don’t just temporarily fix your rodent problem. Priority Pest & Mosquito Solutions was founded on the belief that ongoing, consistent, and helpful support is what keeps our customer’s homes safe all year-round.
When you’re our customer, you become our main priority. And to prove that, we guarantee results in your home by using safe and effective pest control methods that are sure to take your home back in no time from those pesky and uninvited visitors.
At Priority Pest & Mosquito Solutions, we recommend our homeowners to have their houses checked on a quarterly basis, with clear and professional help from one of our trusted and certified pest control experts. Our experienced team members are veterans in the pest control industry and provide you a customized plan designed specifically to pinpoint the pest control services needed to make your home cleaner, safer, and most importantly, comforting.
Included With Your Rodent Control Plan:
- Customized Plan For Your Needs
- Clear and Concise Information From Industry Professionals
- Guaranteed Results
- Quarterly Home Inspections & Protection
Which Pest Control Service Is Right For You?
There’s a lot that goes into making a house, a home. Bugs and other pests are not on that list. We’re a Family here at Priority Pest & Mosquito Solutions and when we’re in your home, we treat it like our home. Check out more information on our services made with your house and family in mind.
Schools, daycares, churches, hotels, gyms, stadiums, shopping centers, doctors’ offices, storage warehouses, and the list goes on. Whatever your business is, we’re in the business of keeping you in business. Get more information on what we can do for your business's facility today.
Not interested in keeping your home or business safe all-year round? We serve one-time pest control needs too! Get in touch with us for your professional exterminator needs today! Call or email now.
Schedule Your Free Estimate
Complete this form and we will be in touch! We can't wait to meet you!